NEED TO COOL OFF?
To cool yourself down, why not try the Aqualoisirs leisure centre in Seyssel or Mansin lake in Anglefort? If you prefer swimming, then the Semine swimming pool is the perfect choice. These facilities have been designed with families in mind. Make the most of them! You can also canoe/kayak down the Vieux Rhône and take advantage of all the activities on offer at the leisure centre.
AQUALOISIRS LEISURE CENTRE
This leisure centre on the banks of the Rhône (Seyssel Ain side) is a haven of peace and nature. There are plenty of activities on offer there. The centre is equipped with children’s play features (slide, swings and a rope climbing pyramid), gym apparatus for teenagers (Street Work Out), fitness machines, a ping-pong table and a petanque pitch. The picnic tables and barbecue areas promise moments of togetherness and make this the ideal family outing. The leisure centre is freely accessible and admission is free.
- Lifeguarded bathing from 11am to 6.30pm from 4th July to 30th August (groups must book ahead).
- Fishing, children’s play features, gym apparatus for adults and teenagers.
- Canoe & kayak rentals for a descent of the Vieux Rhône, pedalos, windsurfing, stand-up paddles, electrically-assisted bikes (Ebikes), mountain bikes for adults and children, surrey bikes, pedal karts and slacklines.
- Dedicated motorhome area with Wifi, power supply, drinking water and wastewater facilities.
- Food available at the snack bar, Snack de la Plage
The Aqualoisirs leisure centre is signposted as you reach Seyssel Ain or Seyssel Haute-Savoie. It is partly accessible to disabled persons.
SEMINE SWIMMING POOL
If you prefer swimming in a pool or want to take lessons with a qualified swimming instructor, then head for the Semine swimming pool. This outdoor pool is located in a very pleasant setting:
- Children’s paddling pool,
- A 15×5-metre pool with graduated depth ranging from 0.75 to 1.2 metres
- A 25×15-metre pool with a depth of 2 metres.
Near the swimming pool area you’ll find a picnic area and a fitness trail with apparatus as well as a children’s play area. There’s also a snack bar which opens daily.
July and August opening hours: from 11am to 7pm. Contact: +33 (0)4 50 77 92 34
The Semine swimming pool can be found at “La Croisée” in Chêne-en-Semine.
Located in Anglefort, Mansin lake is open from 1st July to 31st August. Admission is free.
- Watersports, swimming lessons and aquagym
- Lifeguarded bathing area from 1pm to 7pm
- Picnic area
Contact: Anglefort Council – +33 (0)4 50 56 17 16